Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tegas.Teguh.Berhemah

I had a lovely lunch with my friend at Mont Kiara today. All went well until i stepped on the paddle on my way home and i was stopped by a bunch of police.

Yep, i was caught speeding!

So i stopped a side and winded down my window. A police came to me with a "gotcha-speeding" look.

"Cik nak pergi mana?"

"Nak balik rumah saja tuan."

"Nak balik rumah... tapi sudah over speed limit la. Cik pandu 96km."

"Bagi lesen memandu"

So i obediently took out my purse and pulled out my license.

" Tamat tahun 2012.... tinggal di PJ ke?"

"Ya tuan.."

" Macam ini bagi saman boleh?"

"Boleh tuan..."

At this point, i was a bit slow at my reaction. I watched him took my license and then flipping through his summon book trying to write something.

And then i was asking myself should i plead for help? But somehow i didnt. I was still slow at my reaction. I just watch him took away my license and walked away to the back of my car. Should i still plead? Nah i thought since i was at wrong, then i should pay for my wrong doing. At that point, i saw my 200 buck flying away from my wallet, picturing muself queuing up to pay for the summon, me going to the bank to withdraw money...... And the police walked back to me.

"Ok la tak apa, pergi la!" he handed me back my license and shot me an unsatisfying look.

"Pergi sekarang!" he cant wait for me to go because there were more cars coming to park at the side.

So i took my license and drove away. During my journey back to my house, i cant help but kept thinking why he didnt give me a summon. The funny thing is this is not the first time this happened to me. This is actually a second time. My first time was 2 years ago when i was rushing to my office because i was late in the morning. And when the police wanted to give me a summon, i actually agreed and even wished he could speed it up. But all the time he was just lecturing me about driving safely and blah blah blah.... At the end after 5 minutes of lecturing, he passed me back my license and let me loose.

I thought i was lucky then. But now this is the second time. I am sure it's not about luck. And all of a sudden, i thought i know why. The only reason i was let loose both time must be the operations were not legal. If they have not given the permission to set up a speed trap and road block, that means they were not supposed to give out any summons at that time of the day and at the location. Maybe that was why he was reluctant to summon me and let me loose.

Tegas. Teguh. Berhemah!

That says so much!

No comments: