Sunday, March 27, 2011

Je suis fatiguee beaucoupe!

I am death tired.

Earlier i mentioned that one of KC's colleague will be leaving Algeria for good and his apartment at the 1st floor will be vacant soon.

At the same time, Yokouchi's family is currently staying in a rather run down apartment away from us. The tenancy laws in Algeria is that once the apartment is rented out, the owner will have no say in anything to be done in the apartment. At such, Yokouchi has been having problems in getting the owner to help him fixes repaires and even registering the internet line.

Yuki-chan (age 4) focusing on watching The Little Mermaid.

So this week, i have been inviting Yohouchi's wife and the 2 kids to our house for luncheons. They are so happy with here that they thought of moving over and taking over the 1st floor. The few times that the kids were here, the youngest one even cried and refused to leave because she loves it here so much. At the end, we had to bride her with ice-cream.
Miho-san (mother) with her elder daughter, Satsuki-chan (age 6)

Tonight, together with another Malaysian family (who has 2 daughters the same age as Yokouchi's), we went over to Yokouchi's house for dinner so that they could get to know each other and the kids can have new friends to play with. So in a word, i have been throwing luncheons and dinners non-stop for this whole week.
Mr and Mrs Yong, who owns a travel company in Algeria.

Tonight, during the car ride back to Yong's apartment, i was happily seated with the 2 kids. They were happy to have me and were fighting for attentions during the whole ride. When the elder one wanted to sing for me, so did the younger one. They played with me, tickled me, sung for me, told me stories and they were fighting so hard that eventually one of them cried. Ohhh.... i feel so bad for her.
May-An (age 8), a very pretty and smart girl. Speaks excellent English for her age, as well as Arabic and French too.

Even when we reached their house, the elder one was pulling me aside to show me her homework and test results. Of course at the same time the younger one wanted to get involved and spoke and pulled me at the same time too. So i was sandwiched and did tried my best to please them both. When it was time for me to leave, May-An kept hold of my arm and refused to let me go. It took her mother to persuade her and spoke to her for some time. She even told May-An that KC would be very sad without me! hahah reluctantly, she let go before telling me that she likes me a lot.

Mischievous Ci-An (age 4) who loves to mimic her elder sister and pushes her button all the time!

Phew! By the time i reached home, i was so exhausted. It was as though i had spent a day doing hard physical work! I think all my brain juices had been drained out in that short 2 hours! Boy! I thought babies are though but it is the same with kids too! Especially when they speak at the same time and you do not know who to focus at, or even to respond to first!

I really salut mothers out there. Like the Chinese saying, "having a kid is a 100 years job where mothers have to worry for them for at least 99 years."

No wonder motherhood is the toughest job of all! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!

No comments: