Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Angels and Demons

We have planned to go to the gym for the last 2 weeks but were always being caught by the wrong timing.

First, it was the migraine that we both had from the hot weather and the hot from the oven fried chicken we had for lunch. Then my father came to town and we took it as an excuse to not go. After that it was the normal excuses of the gym will be too crowded during weekends and also the too tired after work excuse.

Today, i almost wanted to keep my lazy ass stick on the chair when KC told me that he was very sleepy but i could go to the gym while he sleeps at the pool side. Straight away i told him to forget it and to go tomorrow but he insisted and luckily he insisted.

It took me a few moments before i agreed to go. The angel and the demon in me were fighting in my head to win this war. Finally the angel zapped a very powerful message in my head. He said "If you do not go today, you will never go tomorrow or after. There will always be more excuses. The first step is always difficult!" And viola, i got my lazy ass from the chair and changed and was excited to go.


Yeah! Finally, i went to the gym today.

It has been a year since my last work out. I did it because i was in Beirut and i was bored. There was a treadmill in the house so i decided to kill my time on it. A year later, i step up on the a treadmill again.

It was difficult. Only managed to do a 20 minutes of treadmill before i cool myself down on cycling. At the end of the day, i was tired for doing so little. I actually had butter legs when i walked back to the car and i was so tired and sleepy especially after dinner.

I thought i could sleep early tonight but ironically it is 215am here in Algiers but i am still widely awake. The tiredness in my has gone and i feel fresh and healthy (well the angel is telling me so)...

More to go tomorrow. Well i just hope i can keep my spirit up for it and last long enough until i return to my la-la land. *wink*

No comments: