Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not A Banana

I am glad i am not a banana. Hehe.



I am glad that my parents decided to send me to learn Chinese for 6 years so that i am not just yellow skin but all white inside Malaysian Chinese, a.k.a all westernized inside but only physically looking like a Chinese.

I think it is a pity for those who do not know Chinese because there are so much that they are missing. How could one really fully understood the depths and knowledge of the Chinese from reading all the translated books? How could one really understood the meaning of each unique chinese character? There are just so much knowledge and depths to them, afterall it is culture that has thousands years of history. The only way to really understood them is to read and see them from their original novelty.

So yes, i am proud to me a Malaysian Chinese who is not a banana.

Plus, i am happy that i could go to Karaoke and sing my heart out by reading the lyrics from the screen. I am glad that i do not need to memorize the lyrics of my favorite Chinese song. I am glad that i do not need someone to read me the lyrics in advance while i am singing (well i need to do that to KC and  it is tiring).

And i am even happier today because my dad is back from KL and he got me a lot of Chinese magazines! Yeppy! Time to stop CNN and just indulge myself in some fashion world and gossips!

No comments: