Friday, January 29, 2010

4 - FOUR

I did a really stupid thing today.

I have been using my Iphone 2G to surf on facebook all the time, until yesterday i was notified by facebook that i will need to update my firmware in order to continue using it. Meaning the 2.2.3 version of Apple firmware is now officially outdated.

So i did all the things that i needed to do before i update the version. I went to download all the softwares needed to jailbreak my phone when i update the firmware to 3.10 version. I even synced my iphone with my mac and downloaded all my contacts, photos and songs. I was that SAFE.

And then today, i started on my updating project. And out of no where, i did a really stupid click! I replace all my contacts with an EMPTY contact folder. And viola every single contact is gone except for 4. And to my horror, all the 4 numbers are not even close friends of mine. I panic! LITERALLY!

So i updated my iphone nonetheless and quickly went into facebook and sent out an email asking my friends to send me their contact again. Some of them are really smart! They sent me separate emails with their numbers, but some of them did an unbelievable thing. They treated the email as a chat session. Before i could stop them, they have already spamming my in box like mad.

Can you believe it? And i have to apologize to all the other recipients of those emails, wholeheartedly. Never saw that coming. But then it was fun to read though and i hope those victim friends of mine will not mind that.


One thing i am happy is i have sort of got my iphone back to its original state. Well at least 80% of it. Still some more friends to bug for their numbers before i can completely be cool with the whole situation.

Latest technology is surely a necessary devil!

No comments: