Monday, November 16, 2009

1 More to Go!

i began my traveling diary as early as 7am today.

On my way to Oran airport stepping into the 1st plane until i get back to Malaysia, i was surprised by myself for even starting to miss Oran during the car journey. It has been almost 4 months i am in Oran. Although each day i never stopped missing Malaysia, somehow i have grown liking this place. Its simplicity and also its rule of the jungle lifestyle. Then i knew what i missed most must be the companionship of KC. For 4 months no one else but him has been in my life 24/7. Ohh.... now that i am in Beirut, i really wished i could stayed longer in Oran before my year end Canada trip. At least KC will not be left alone in Oran for another 6 weeks before he could meet up with me again.

I was in Algers airport by 12pm and my next flight was at 6pm. So 4 hours to kill before i can step on the 2nd plane to get closer to Malaysia. What struck me was how silly i was! i should have taken the 12pm flight from Oran instead of the 10am flight and if so i would not have to wait so long. And the reason was simply because Air Algerie is like our Air Asia. Never on time. I was afraid that if the flight from Oran is delayed then i might missed my Algers flight to Beirut. How stupid i was because i forgot to remind myself that for sure the Algers to Beirut flight will be delayed as well! And it did! I waited from 5pm to 7pm before i could board the junk! By the time i landed and ferried home, it is already 1am here. So i have spent almost 17 hours on traveling alone.

Luckily there was some interesting scenes in Algers airport. Algeria had a match with Egypt yesterday and Egypt won by 2-0 hence now both countries have to play a playoff game in Sudan this coming Wednesday to see who will qualify for FIFA 2010. When the Algerian team was in Egypt, some of them were hurt by the stones threw to their bus and the game had also injured some of the players. It was a coincident that the team was back in Algers when i was in the airport. So it was fun to watch how fans chased them around, singing cheering songs, reporters rushing to snap pictures of them and watching them giving interviews. For about 3 hours, the airport was filled with Algeria flags and fans dressing in their country's costume and theme colors.

Not too bad after all! Time to bed. 3 more days and i will be back in KL blogging! Ciao!

No comments: