Monday, November 9, 2009

Hibernation

Autumn's finally arrived in Oran after a 1 month delay. I love autumn! It reminds me of my university days in Perth. That was so worry free and fun. Life was simple then. Books, eat and sleep. And the best part is able to put on all the winter clothings and boots that we do not get to do in Malaysia. Unless of course i want to suffocate myself to death.

Anyway back to Autumn. Initially the weather was fluctuating a lot with a few days of suns and continued with few days of strong wind. Occasionally some days will be rather warm but the nights will take a wrong turn into some cold ones.

Autumn's started 2 days ago with the introduction of really strong wind coming from the Mediterranean  sea. Today is the 3rd day straight of these strong winds and hence Oran is officially in its autumn. Now people in the streets are dressing warmly and all the winter coats and boots are out showing off. The wind is so strong at times it will make all the doors banged and even shaking a driving car.

As for both me and KC, we are suffering with all the summer clothings we bought along from Malaysia. Where are all the warm clothings? In the shipment of course! And they are still in Algers airport as off this entry. Darn!!

Since the house we are staying is tiled by mosaic floors, the house is always cold. And bathing has been a painful task to do. Especially today when the hot water decided to quit on me half way through my shower. And believed it, i actually continued in freezing cold water! That was an experience!

But the good news is, now it is the perfect time for hibernation. KC has already started his by calling it a night at 8pm today. As for me, i think i might start mine soon too. Let's hope that the cold shower had not taken down my immune system and make me ill, although i have been sneezing ever since the shower.

No comments: