Monday, November 2, 2009

You Are My Mirror

My dad's new marriage has brought us not only  a new baby sister, but also two younger sisters who are both at their teenage.

I am not a saint and  it was difficult for me to accept them as part of the family initially. But now, i am more willing and more accepting towards them simply because i finally understood the joy of accepting. I always wanted sisters in my life and now i al given the chance to have 2. Is like striking the lottery twice. If by chances that we could not be sisters, i am sure we could definitely be friends. 

I also pity them because they have to reside in Malaysia on their own. Life must be difficult for them especially when they need advices from a mother figure. 

Lately one of them had some troubles that had made her shouting her angers in FB. The moment i read that, all i wanted to do was to extend my helping hand towards her but i was afraid that i might be seen as a busybody and will be un-welcomed. But thank goodness that although her age is young but she is quite a mature girl in heart and she had gladly accepted me as a friend. For that i am proud of her.

She is like a mirror of my past all because i was once a teenager once and i understood how the world and adults were seen from my teenaged eyes. The anger, the frustrations, the unfairness and the injustices i once felt.

Though i am not sure if she will visit my blog but i really do hope she will for i wish to tell her that i have been through what you are going through now. I was a teenager once and i truly understood how sometimes, things could not and will not go our way and how disappointing and frustrating we will be. 

So my dear, all you have to do is to take a deep breath, listen to the music you love, be around with the people you love, and be a happy teenager and then eventually things will be better. If troubles are from the adults, step back and let the adults handle all the adult things. You should just be a teenager now. Do not let the adults or anything snatch your teenage days from you. And at any given day that you needed someone to lean on, i would be glad to be one of your choices. All you have to do is ring me.

Love.

2 comments:

MikeM said...

in a way cyn, i can really feel wat u trying to tell thru ur blog, u seems to express urself better wif words really... its always a joy to read ur writings... keep it up!

purpleV said...

hahah that's true mike. cos sometimes it is much more difficult to tell whats in my heart in person. I will really need to thicken my face to do so.

hehe.