Thursday, October 29, 2009

!@#$%^&*() PISSED!

Now before i came to Oran, i have packed my things and wanted to ship over but the Algeria government needed a lot of documents before i can do that. So the boxes have been laying in my house for more than 4 months now.

From the day we knew about the documents, we have rushed and pushed all the way to get them done. Finally KC got his working permit and resident documents in end last month after a 3 months constant fighting with the local authorities. And i was told that 3 months is actually considered fast because his colleague, who has been working here for the past 6 months, is still pending on both documents.

So finally my shipments are here in Algers International Airport and all it got to do now is to have them cleared and then send over to Oran and that will only takes 1 day! I am all hyped up until i had this conversation with the local forwarder:

------------ EARLY MORNING YESTERDAY----------------
Me: Hi! I am checking on my shipment. I trust you received the email from Crown to clear them?


F: Our internet is down. No we didnt received.


Me: That's ok. I will fax over now.


------------BY NOON-----------------------------
Me: So you got the fax? My shipment should be here by tomorrow?


F: Yes got the fax. No cannot send you the shipment.


Me: *surprise* Why?


F: We need you to come here to Algers to sign the original document before we can clear and we need the company stamp. Requested by airport.


Me: What if you fax over the documents and i get it sign and stamp then fax back to you? I am in Oran and i need to take a flight to go to Algers just to sign?


F: Cannot! Must be original.................I will call you back.


--------------1 HOUR LATER----------------------------
F: Ok no need signature, just original stamp. Toyota is just few blocks away from our office. I will get people to go there now to get the company stamp.


Me: Thank you so much! So i can get the shipment by tomorrow then?


F: No cannot.


Me: Why?


F: Because.... Just cannot. You will get it next week.


Me: *Totally too tired to argue and push anymore* Ok then


------------------------- END OF CONVERSATION------------------------------

I totally have no idea why i cant get the shipment by this week and i know it is useless to ask and further push them because this IS Algeria and somehow their actions are baseless.

It has been 4 months since i packed and 1 month since the shipments had landed here in Algeria. And i have been trying to cool myself by telling myself that what is 1 more week of waiting when i have waited 4 months? !@#$%^&*()_~!

Darn! I am pissed!

No comments: