Thursday, October 1, 2009

Growing Up with Them.

This is the most popular and well-known cartoon characters in the whole Algeria and Algerians love them! It is showed in MBC 4 as a program by itself for 30 minutes, or even between intervals of new shows. There must have a large database on this cartoon because so far i have not seen a repetition of the cartoon. Looking at Tom and Jerry, the cartoon, it brings me back to me kiddy days. I used to love this cartoon as well! I remember there were 4 or 5 copies of tapes (yes tapes) in my house and i will rerun the tapes over and over again and watching the same cartoons repeatedly. No matter how many times i have watched the same cartoon, each time it never failed to make me laugh heartily. And Tom is really silly! But the funny thing is i have never requested my parents to buy me any soft toy of the cartoon. I wasnt really that into them but instead i have some other favourite cartoons characters!


One of them is Mr. Doreamon!  most popular cat from Japan! I just love this cat so much! There was a shop near my house that was selling comics and each time, i will visit the shop and spend all the money i have just to buy all the Doreamon books! I dreamed of having a collection on all the books. This even continue to form 2. And i longed so much to get myself a soft toy of Doreamon. I really wanted a big one, and to display him in my room but i was too broke to have one. And i told myself that i will get one when i have money to spend. I used to love all the short stories and also the adventures Doreamon had with his good friends. And sometimes i will think to myself. If i have Doreamon as my friend, which is the one best item i want to get from him? Will it be the door that can bring you to anyway? Or the machine that can bring you back or to the future? Or maybe the bread that can help me memorize all my studies? Or maybe the flying top? Doreamon is awesome and i can reread the comics and re-watched the cartoons over and over again.  But as i grew older, my passion for Doreamon wears off. I have now ability to buy myself the biggest Doreamon ever but i didnt do it. I even collected some dvds on the cartoons but they are left unopened and kept in a box together with all other dvds. I no longer love Doreamon so much but then i will also not want to throw away any of my collections too.

And the other 2 characters that i love, even until now, are Goofy and Donald Duck! Of these 2, i love Goofy more! I love his goofiness and silliness. As for Donald, i find it funny to see him loosing his temper even faster than lightnings and how silly he is especially when the 2 trouble maker Chipmunks play tricks on him. Unlike Doreamon, i actually collected little soft toys of these 2! My largest collections came from my study years in Australia. I now have these little toys displayed in the cupboard of my room. I think if i ever find anything relates to them i will definitely buy them! The more the better. Too bad, there is only little Mickey Mouse and Friends cartoons here in Algeria. Even if there are, there are mostly focus on Mickey.

I realised that as i grew i tend to laugh less when i watch cartoon, even though they are still the same cartoons as before. I find them childish! That was me a few years ago. Until recently, i have changed. Maybe is because life is treating me better these days. Maybe is because i know that i have to let the kiddy side of me out in order to enjoy the cartoons. And i find the good thing about watching cartoons is it enables me to go back to my kiddy days again, stress and worries free, and everything is simple and easy. For the 30 minutes, i can laugh at the cartoons, enjoy myself and my silliness, and just be a kid again. And somehow, my world seems like a better place with cartoons around. And when was the last time you had a hearty laughs when watching cartoons? I had mine yesterday and i was laughing out so loud and so heartily that i was in tears. It was great!

No comments: