Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breakfast But Not At Tiffany's!


With the ringing of the alarm at the strike of 730 from the mobile phone, i woke up unwillingly and with a look on my face that says "DO NOT EVEN THINK OF TALKING TO ME!". And then i wore my sweater and walked down the stairs to the kitchen, still grumbling. Yes, i am no a morning person!

What am i doing up so early in the morning? Well i was asked of a very sacred task, ie to prepare breakfast.

Yep, breakfast is very important. Everyone should have breakfast and it should be something healthy. I remember when i was younger, i woke up just like how i still am, prepared myself to dress in my school uniforms, hopped into the bus, then i will fall asleep until the bus halted in front of the school. There was no breakfast for me. Unless of course it was an exam day. Only then my mother will prepare me with fried bacon and eggs or sometimes, instant noodle one sausage and 2 eggs, to symbolize getting 100% in my exam. So i have never have the luxury of having healthy breakfast since young. When i started work, i still woke up grumbling from not enough of beauty sleep, and promising to myself that i will "definitely" sleep earlier the following night ( only to break the promise and have the cycle viciously repeating itself every single day), and oh ya no breakfast as well. My routine will be getting myself a hot cup of coffee to be sipped along while i busy trying to cut my way through in the early morning rush, or a cup of coffee with me sitting in front of the pc with a few biscuits to kick start my morning. That's all!

So now, given this new sacred task, i accepted it happily but only to grumble on it every single morning and thinking of how cruel my partner is to have me waking up so early! Why cant he prepares his own breakfast? Just a simple piece of bread spread with tuna or margarine! It is not like he used to have breakfast in Malaysia too! How cruel he is to have me wake up! What if i cant get back to sleep after he leaves the house? He is now turning into a BIG man...... these will be all the grumbles that will flash through my mind every single day, from the moment i stepped down from the bed, to the moment i enter the kitchen.

But then once i am in the kitchen and turn on the gas to heat up water for a warm cup of cuppa, all these grumbling will disappeared. And i will be there, cutting the edges of the breads, spreading margarine and tuna on breads, cooking noodles, not with a smile on my face though ( I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON STILL), but more willingly. And it is not what i prepared for breakfast that makes him happy, it is the mere act of me getting up to prepare even just a simple bread with butter that makes him having the sense of togetherness. And when KC leaves for the office with a contented smile on his face and a satisfied stomach, i know that it is this moment that will always beats the grumbling and makes all the early mornings well worth.

Of course, tomorrow morning if you see me again, i will still have the DO NOT EVEN THINK OF TALKING TO ME LOOK. Somehow, who am i to change this look that has been with me since my schooling day?

No comments: