Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blogging

One of my ex colleague from LG had recently launched her new blog, after being inspired and being told by friends that blogging is easy, and that blogging will bring a better life, she started hers. So when she had her blog up, she announced it happily to the world of FB and has gotten lots of comments and words of encouragements from them. This is her blog which titled "Blog with Miee". I personally thought the photos on the problem with merger was rather funny!

And for some reason, when i saw the words of encouragement written by Mike, i too left my comment to the treat telling her that my blog was inspired by Mike too. It was just an honest comment from me. Then today when i checked on FB again, i saw what Mike wrote. He said that he was really touched by what me and Seow had said and had decided to blog about us in his blog - "Mikemmery". Reading his blog put a smile on my face. It is strange that we could even becomes friends. When i briefly joined LG a couple of years back, Mike was gone after a few days i joined. My first memory of him is that he looked very serious and he has very strong principles and opinions on things and people, and he still is. Honestly i was a bit taken aback by him, or i was rather afraid of him. I tended to choose my words carefully when i speak to him because i was afraid of stepping on his toes. Then he was gone. Somehow i got to know that he has a blog and i began following on his blog. Day after day, without fail, i will check on his blog just to read things that are happening around him, even till today. In his blog, he wrote about all his happiness and despairs. I am not a person who will drop comments but whenever he blogged on his sadness and disappointments, i have the urge to just talk to him and listen to him. And vice versa, he will listen to me, consoled me, and once when i shared a great news with him, he even blogged about it. He never mentioned my name in that entry but i knew for sure it was for me. That is how sweet Mike is. We have never came out and chatted over a cup of tea. It is mostly via Internet. But the strange thing is, we connected through the Internet and we can just "talk" like old friends. Even till now. Somehow he is like a good friend to me and i missed not knowing him earlier! Now that he has decided to venture on his own business and getting someone new in life, i feel really excited for him and i am sure the girl whom he goes for will be the luckiest person in the world. I kid you not!

Ok back to his post. After reading his post on me and Miss Seow, there was a smile on me but little do i understand why he was so touched, until i read a comment Miss Seow wrote on my FB. The mere knowledge that she was inspired by my blog and had read through them till wee hours at night warmth my heart. And then suddenly i understood why Mike was so touched. I think it is not so much on how much we blogged or how interesting we show our life is via blogging. It is the instance of knowing that someone was inspired by me just by reading my stories has magically touches my heart. It is like how happy a writer will be just by knowing that there is someone out there who was touched by what was written, even when there is only one of them. And i am sure Mike was even more touched because he knows now that there will always be 2 blogs out there that were a result from reading his blog, and finally understanding the reasons to blog and had started to blog. And Mike, my blog is one of the many legacies you made in the blogging world.

No comments: