Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Birthday!


Today's is the big day for my dearest dad. Wishing him a wonderful birthday and many happy returns! Too bad i am now in Algeria and could not celebrate his birthday with him but i am sure there will be more chances to come. Normally we the kids will not buy him any present but instead will insist to have a good dinner with him that we can afford. It has been the tradition of the family since young. I guess he has everything that he needed.

As for me, this year's birthday was a special one. I was given a life term commitment and the chance to attain one of my goals. I was given the chance to retire (haha too early isnt it?) and to do nothing at home. So here i am in Oran, doing basically nothing everyday. I cant express how touched i was when i was given this gift and how lucky i think i am for having the best partner i could ever dreamt of. What else is there to ask for when he is already giving me his best? I am really a blessed soul. My dear friend has also given me a special birthday gift this year, comics! Yes i think i am too old to be still a comic addict but i am! He knew that and had accompanied me to buy some really good ones and given me as present. Thank you my dear. Other than that, everything went smoothly that day which for me, is the best way to celebrate birthday. Birthday is anyway a date that reminds us on the ever increasing number of our age and nothing more. For me, birthday is celebrated the best when everything is as per normal and having a great dinner with my love ones. As always, simplicity is the best.

No comments: