Saturday, October 24, 2009

Domesticated by Myself

I was walking alone along the street to the market one afternoon.

Along the way, as usual, i was greeted with a lot of "Ni Hau" which i also returned my greetings.

Then along came 2 local young men on a bike. The passenger decided to greet me and i greeted him back. And he said "Hi" in English again which i also responded. It happened so fast that they were gone in minutes.

So i continued with my market shopping and as i was walking back, that 2 men and the bike came back again. This time, the bike stopped in front of me and the passenger asked "Can i have your phone number please?" At that very moment, instead of being flattered, a sense of panic hit me! I pretended not to understand anything he said. He begin to speak more English to me. "You understand English? You have a phone number?" My basic instinct taught me to just smiled at him and shook my head. I pretended hard not to understand him at all. Then he gave a disappointed look to his friend and then they rode away.

What a relief for me. Only after that when i walked home that i was a little happy, knowing that i am still attractive! Hahah but the side effect is that now i tend to prevent from going out to buy anything alone, even during the days.

I am now officially and literally domesticated by myself! Sigh!

1 comment:

Beauty Maker Paradise said...

hi pretty cynthia, i wd suggest
u shd cover yrself with cloth except yr eye. like the arabian woman. hahaha. becareful, dun go out alone even day time.