Thursday, October 8, 2009

Two Less Lonely People In The World

Was feeling rather bored yesterday and was just sitting in front of my Mac surfing the Internet without a purpose. At the same time, i was on my headphone and listening to all the songs from the Mac when suddenly i was really touched by a song.


Two less lonely people in the world, sung by the ever famous Air Supplies.

Oldies are always great. These songs are simple on the tunes as well as the lyrics. I have heard this song a million times and of course they are great songs. If not these songs will not be still as popular even after so many decades.

Two less lonely people in the world is just another familiar song to me since my younger days, thanks to my father who loves to listens to English oldies. Only this time, maybe is because the headphone, maybe is because i have grown, that this song managed to finds a secret way to touch my heart. For a moment, i stopped what i was reading and doing, and just indulged myself with the song. The lyrics suddenly feel so strong to me, and so real, as if the composer has written the song for me. And i knew that i have found another gem in my life.

My heart feel warmth and contended. Two less lonely people in the world. Not just because i met my partner. It's more of all the friends that are dear to me. When i was down and when i was happy, these dear friends of mine are always there for me, sharing these joys and sorrows with me, and wanting nothing back from me.

Two less people in the world, and it's gonna be fine. I know because i am in a great stage now.


I was down my dreams were wearing thin
When youre lost where do you begin
My heart always seemed to drift from day to day
Looking for the love that never came my way

Then you smiled and I reached out to you
I could tell you were lonely too
One look then it all began for you and me
The moment that we touched I knew that there would be

(chorus) two less lonely people in the world
And its gonna be fine
Out of all the people in the world
I just cant believe youre mine
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right
Now theres two less lonely people
In the world tonight

Just to think what I might have missed
Looking back how did I exist
I dreamed, still I never thought Id come this far
But miracles come true, I know cause here we are

Tonight I fell in love with you
And all the things I never knew
Seemed to come to me somehow
Baby, love is here and now theres

No comments: