Thursday, March 25, 2010

Right Choice?

Just finished dinner cum catch up session with some ex colleagues from BAT.

The dinner went well and it was fun too.

For many year, each time i passed by the Roftman round-a-bout in SS2, i would have hoped and wished so much to be able to get a job there. It is like THE job for me for many years and the job was so difficult to even get an interview. I tried submitted my resumes the moment i graduated but no news, until a couple of years later when i finally got the chance.

The interview process was a painful one. From online test to face to face interview, telephone interviews and negotiating salary to finally signing on the offer letter. It was like a dream come true and i was really proud of myself. It was like achieving one of my goals.

The salary was good. The benefits were good and the people were great. Though at times we have to worked until wee hours into the night and start fighting with proposals, presentations, meetings, more meetings and tones of emails very early the next morning, it was fun. Well now that i think of it. Its fun because almost everyone in the team will have to stay together more than 18 hours a day to fight for the good result we wanted. We basically had every meal together sometimes for days. And also there were times when we do not even have time to grab a bite until way after the eating time. And there were times when the meetings were so long that everyone's brain was stuck. Of course there were times when we need to do fire fighting due to sudden change of company's goal or regulations set by the ministry of health.

And all these happened in the mere time frame of 5 months i was there. So much we have gone through.

I remembered complaining how difficult life was and how i did not want to work anymore. But secretly, each time i managed to settle an issue or seeing my campaign kicked off in the market, i was very pleased and proud of myself. For all my hard work and determinations.

Tonight i saw my ex colleagues came in tired faces and they told me funny stories of what had happened and are happening. It was fun.

I love my life now. I did not regret what i have chose. Just that i cant stop myself from thinking the "what if" i have stayed scenarios. Would i be promoted? Would i be bitching as well? Of cos i will.....

Well, it was a dream i made to come true and a goal achieved that i am still very proud of nonetheless. Way to go Cynthia!

1 comment:

purpleV said...

哈哈。。。真的謝謝你的鼓勵! :)