Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Future and Our Hands

How do you know if your partner is committed in the relationship? Do you judge by how many times of "I Love You" and "I Miss You" he/she tells you? Or do you judge by the presents and flowers you received? Or by how much both of you discuss about the future on what both wanted? Or just simply by is he/she is willing to go meet your family members? Or maybe each and everyone of you have a different set of criteria and the more checks you have on the scoreboard then only you are assure that your partner is really committed to you?

I think everyone has been through the insecure stage especially in the beginning of a relationship doubting this. How is it that he/she didnt say I Love You or I Miss You? How come he didint hold my hands? What about kissing me? How come we never talk about our future? How come he/she is reluctant to meet my parents? These are some of the worries that my friend is having right now. I would have agreed with him that the girlfriend is not committed enough if they have been together for a long time but they have only been together for less than a month.

I want to tell him that each of us will pace our relationship differently. While he is those who likes to accelerate on things, maybe his girlfriend is just a shy and reserve person who wants things to go slower at a more comfortable speed? Does it mean anything is she did and said all the things he is currently worrying about? I dont think so. Anyone can say and do all the things but the only way to see if they are sincere and committed is through their eyes. Like the saying our eyes are the windows to our soul. So look into her eyes the next time she says I love you and i am sure you will be able to find your answer. As for meeting the parents, well i am with her. In all the relationships that i have been through, meeting the parents is the worst part. But that did not mean that i am not committed, its just simply because i needed time to prepare myself mentally. I think i used to wait for more than 3 months before i agreed to meet the parents. This is when unfairness kicks in. Waiting 3 months before meeting the parents for a guy will definitely means he is insincere whereas for girls, that will just mean girls are shy. Anyway it is normal for everyone to worry in the start of a relationship because we cant predict and see the future but we can change the future since actions are in us to decide. Future lies in our hand, what you do now is what you will be in the future. Hope you will know what to do now.




No comments: