Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh please don't stare at me!

I am a fish lover but i know little about how to cook or prepare fish, needless to say how to clean and chop up a fish. Each time when i buy fishes from the wet market or supermarket, they are already neatly cleaned up. All i have to do is go back home and cook them with what ever way of preparations i know.

But here, it's a nightmare! The night when the fish was brought to me, i opened up the plastic bag just to be starred down by the fish, with its large eyes and mouth! That stunned me! I literally jumped back and gave out a grasp! So one of the local colleague took the fish back and requested his mother to help me clean up the fish and brought i back to me the next day.

While i assumed that the fish will be chopped into pieces when it came back, the fish head with the big eyes were starring at me again! Arggh! I cant described enough how uneasy that is making me feel. Even when i am typing this, i can imagine to look from the fish and i am making all kind of yucky faces and frowns.

I have to cook the balance of the fish today. I started off cooking the tail part last week. So just now i went to the kitchen and have the eyes starring at me again. Yew!!!!! The worst part is i have to chop off the fish head and leave the rest of the body. As i was chopping, trying to break the bone, i almost wanted to scream! Someone help me! And then the act of picking up the fish head almost freaked me out!

How, please tell me, that i can manage to enjoy my fish again? I dont even have the appetite for the fried fish i am preparing tonight.

I think they should ban fish heads in Oran! For my sake!

No comments: