Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Plain Life in Oran

Well finally, i am in Oran now and it has been about a week living here.

Unlike Beirut, where i can just walk in the street anytime i like and hopped into a cab and go shopping in the nearest mall, i was told not to walk out of the house alone. So i am basically caged in the little house called home. This is really tough because being a city girl all my life, the sudden change in my lifestyle to be confined in a 2 stories villa is tough.

Let's talk about the life here in Oran. There is pretty much nothing to do, nothing to look forward to everyday and eventually i know i will go nuts. Thank goodness that i am now log on to the Internet, if not it will feel like i am completely shunt out from the world.

So each morning, i try my best to wake up as late as possible, which will be around 11am. Then i will make myself a very nice and thick cup of coffee, where i will sit at the swing in the backyard to read a book while sipping the coffee. Of course sometimes i also opt to have my branch at the table in the backyard while reading my book. It is summer now in Oran but the weather is excellent. It is not as hot and humid as in Malaysia hence the occasional breeze from the sea is really cooling. And sometimes when the breeze comes, it will also spread the smell of the flowers from the little garden here. It is during these times that i am glad that i am having a relaxing time away from the city. I really dont remember when was the last time i could smell the flowers while enjoying the breeze in the city. More like smokes and haze in the city!


By the time i finished my branch, it will be almost 1 in the afternoon. This is the time when i will log on to the internet, check my emails, check on my friends via FB, do some surfing and of course blogging. Once all that are done, it will be time for me to prepare the ingredients i needed for dinner. The vegetables, fruits and fishes here are really fresh. How do you tell? Well mostly from the worm holes in the vege and fruits to the flies surrounding the fishes and meats! Yes i have been cooking everyday and i have not tried any local Algerian food yet all because i was told that they are not tasty and i beg to differ! The weekend is almost here and i will make having a local delicacy as my top priority this week!

No comments: