Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Hangover



Just came back from a heart-to-heart talk with one of my buddies.

As we turned from the corner of LDP to NKVE, we saw 3 cars by the road and one of it was badly hit. There was an accident and thankfully that driver was safe because we saw him sitting by the side of the road and there were some people around him. One was trying to make a phone call.

Ironically, my buddy and I were speaking about something on drinking issue just not too long ago. So immediately we assumed that it must be a dunk-and-drive case.

I never like drinking. Well i cant drink too. The worst hang over i had was many years ago when i was forced to down a neat vodka. That night was a nightmare to me. All i remembered was walking out from the bar to the car park and blank.. there was a lot of vomiting...and the next day i had the worst headache ever! After that i dare not touch any alcohol ever. Even a few sip of beer would make me feel drowsy and my face will turn lobster red! I was that bad when it comes to drinking.

So how far would you stretch your limit when it comes to drinking? Would you restrain yourself and swear off alcohol if your better half is against it? Especially when your better half is against it because he/she is very worried of your safety? Who should be the compromiser in this case? And today i knew that alcohol is the devil that has killed a relationship of many years. Is it worth it?

1 comment:

purpleV said...

Thanks for visiting and your words of encouragment. cheers!