Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Unconventional Way to Make Friends



I remember walking into this facial salon in Tropicanal City Mall near my house thinking to myself that this will just be another facial salon which i have visited.

The salon has a two shop lots space and looks clean and neat. Almost everything is white. And just like most salons, the prices are scarily expensive. Since it looks rather promising compared to those shabby ones around, i gave it a try.

My first facial session in the salon was from a fair looking girl with an aura of the girl-next-door. She speaks softly and calmly which translate into soothing tone. I was instantly drew into liking her. There were just so much grace about her.

Soon after, i even found out she is the daughter of the salon owner and she has a professional degree as well. It will takes me tones of courage to leave my professional field and to help out a family business, in this case, a facial salon if i were her. The reason for me to say so is because giving facial services is such a people oriented business and it takes lots of patience and the talent of serving to work in this field. As i know i am a clumsy person, i knew i will never be able to excel in it. I could not even glue anything nicely without making a mess or making a mark on it. Hence for this i really put my hats off for her. And she must be a very smart person because if i didn't know about her background, i would have thought she has years of experiences in this field because she was rather good.

So we began talking. At the surface initially. Then we began to talk more. And before i knew it, i begin to look forward to my facial session because i was actually befriending my facial guru. And i am amazed by her openness and her sense of down-to-earth personality. We exchanged so much talking and opinions that some i might not even told my other friends about.

I have never befriended my previous facial gurus. All the time i preferred to just shut my eyes and sleep. Even when some of them initiated talks, i would just gave short answered because i was lazy. Boy am i glad that i wasn't as lazy as i was this time. For me this is a rather unconventional way to make a friend. Maybe it is just the click we have.

I would highly recommend any girls who want to have a nice and clean facial session and the chances of being friend with a bunch of nice girls. Well it turns out that most of the staff working there are pretty nice to talk to as well.

Let me use the famous advertising line by Mastercard here.

"Facial RM150.... Facial products RM500.... A chance to make a great friend.....PRICELESS!"

No comments: