Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Baby Challenge

i was left alone with the baby yesterday for three hours.

it was a challenge that still sweat me out when i think of it now. Once the parents were gone, the baby kind of sensed that and began crying. I trying wrapping her in my arm and that did not work. i tried having her back on me and face facing outside and walked around, that only worked for a tiny bit. i tried putting her in a stroller and push her around, and that also worked for a tiny second too.

she cried so much and so loudly that i feel so sorry for her. i really do not know what to do. then out of no where, i remember the milk, maybe and please let her be hungry. i rushed and get the milk bottle and stuffed it into her mouth and crossing my fingers that she will take it. Thank god that she does! She was so hungry that she sucked on it so fast and so loudly. After that, i tried my best to burp her and it took my more than twenty minutes. Not that she didnt burped, just that i wanted to ensure that she burped all she could so that she will not vomit later. so i took my time and gently stroke her back and listened carefully for the many burping sounds until i was satisfied and happy.

then the most wonderful thing happened, she slept! she slept like an angel so soundly for the next forty minutes or so. the world was peaceful, although all the time i tried hard to limit my mobility, afraid that i will wake her up.

Damn the stupid car honks! She was awake by them. When she opened her eyes, i saw a frown on her face and she was about to break into tears! I was totally panic! So i quickly picked up the bunny and waved it in front of her and the frown vanished! phew!

for the next half and hour or so, i let her play with her fingers, looked around, talked to her a bit just to make sure that she is feeling happy all the time. can't make the princess upset can i? but happy moments passed quickly. she began to cry again. this time, nothing could really save me. i tried changing her wet diapers, useless! i sang ABC to her as many times as i could and that only helped a while. and then on, i was lost. all i could do is to have the pacifier in her mouth and carried her to walk around. the moment when i feel tired and sat, she cried again. i guessed she was trying her best to give me the hardest time ever.

by the end of it, i was so tired that i just put her in the stroller and pushed her around. she sucked at her pacifier with a very unwilling look, as if she has to just take in what she is getting from me. when the parents came back, it was like a relief team has came to my rescue! i can't be fast enough to pass her back to them. when the baby saw them, she gave them the i-was-ill-treated-and-am-so-sad-look, frowned and broke into tears again....

as for me, after the challenge, i felt like i have worked out the whole day! i was exhausted. i filled myself with a bottle of cold water and decided to sit in front of the television, and channels flickered. Phew, who said channel flickering isn't fun?

I remembered that there was a tiny moment when i thought i wanted a baby. After yesterday, nah maybe not.....yet!

No comments: