Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It was painful but great!

i am having difficulties to sleep lately mainly is because i have been doing nothing all day long except for eating, watching tv, reading and online surfing. Life seems to be a little too relaxing for me.

Yesterday after being here for three weeks, i could not take it anymore. I was so agitated and needed something to help me lash out my excessive energy but i am not sure what to do.

There is a sky walking plus cycling machine in the room which i am staying now. it looks brand new and i am guessing that the owner of the house bought that for us. So after looking at the machine for three weeks without touching it, well except me using as a cloth hanger, i decided to give it a try.

i worked out!

it was not easy to start on it again seeing that my last work out was four years ago when i was still single and have too much time to myself to burn. so i decided to take it slowly and viola instantly i feel much better! i was sweating so much but it felt good. initially i wanted just to start out by doing a ten minutes work out, then when the time was up i told myself to hold it just by five more minutes.... by the end i managed to do a work out for twenty minutes. though it is not a long session but i think it is a good start. i managed to cycle for twenty minutes for 6km and burn 500 cal. not bad for the first day huh? i thought my legs will be soaring with pains and my arms will be feeling like i was being beaten but no, i actually feel nothing after the session, only tiring while i was working out. Hm... maybe the work out was not intense enough to wake up the muscles yet?

that is the good news but the bad news is, i still could not sleep yesterday night. maybe i should try thirty minutes today, and surprisingly i am looking forward to it!

No comments: