Sunday, July 19, 2009

I love Indians!

I have been in this strange country for almost two weeks now. Though the food was bearable in the first week, it became tasteless in the second week.

Everyday i will have to think of what i would want to eat. Most of the time, i tried my best to make my stay here as close to my home as possible by cooking myself. I have cooked fried rice in two different versions so far, spaghetti in three different versions as well, and some chinese recipe such as vegetable soup, chicken with potato, beef with broccoli and others.

And yet after so much efforts were put in, something is still missing. Yet i didn't know what was, until today!

I have never really fancy Indian food, until today. before i arrived at the restaurant, i was just thinking of eating food to stuff my hungry stomach. The moment i stepped into the restaurant, the aroma of rendang, curry and and chilies filled my nose! Suddenly i found myself in heaven!

I was so excited to see the menu. Though the menu was short with little varieties, to me, it felt like i have gone back home, sitting at a mamak for dinner! It was like water in the middle of the desert!

We ordered rendang chicken, curry shrimps, curry vegetable and even nasi briyani! How cool is that! It was an excellent dinner.

And now i came back with a very full stomach and a very satisfied and grateful feeling. I am sure this meal will at least stop me from missing home for a while.

I think i will be able to go to bed smiling today! hee!

No comments: