Saturday, July 25, 2009

Conversations with Myself


Few years ago, one of my dear friend introduced me to blogging when he started his. In his blog, he wrote about his feelings, his joys, his sorrows, his disappointment, his love, his job, his traveling, his view on politics and everything else under the sun. He used to urge me to try blogging but each time, i just politely rejected by using the universal accepted excuse - no time.

i salute him over his commitment on his blog because it is not easy to spare ten minutes to write. Inspiration too plays a very vital role. Even if you have the time but you might not know what you want to blog. Besides that what about the photos that he has to take the trouble to snap them, download, resize and then upload to his blog?! I honestly will not be able to do that.

But one thing for sure is that i have become his no 1. secret fan. Everyday i will log on to his blog for updates and even though i do not comment on things, but i was keeping tabs on what happening to him. Occasionally i do comment, only when i thought i want to let him know that no matter what happens, i am always there for him.

All the time i really do not understand why he blogs. Eventually he stops blogging as much, as if his inspiration has run dry. But i still log on to this blog everyday for updates and i will be excited when i see a new post.

When i started this blog, i began to understand why he blogs. There was once i thought blogging was to get close to someone. But now i realised blogging is actually like having a conversation with myself. While the side of me that want desperately to express myself and be heard blogged about things, the other side of me will be able to read the blog using a third party eyes, and somehow, issues become clearer and the heart feels lighter when ideas and issues are unloaded. Sometimes the neutral part of me could even suggest resolutions that didnt occurred to the emotional me.

And now, blogging becomes my way out to express myself. Let's hope the inspiration will keep this blog going for a little longer..

No comments: