Monday, July 27, 2009

Shopping Spree

I didint managed to sleep until about 5am yesterday, all because i was so intrigued by the book i was reading, which was on the politics of Middle East. Never ever thought i will be interested in books in this area but since i was so bored, anything is a good read to me now. Somehow if i am clever enough, the books in the studies would have leave me no time to do anything else. There are books of politics, business, self-help, physics, maths, chess, chinese history, world history and many more. Too bad, i have only a simple mind that can only comprehend stories, and sometimes when it is really interesting, religion and politics.

Ok back to my shopping spree.

I woke up today and decide that i will visit the Virgin bookshop to get myself some interesting reads, and so i went to a mall named City Mall, which was about twenty minutes drive from where i am staying.

I decided to take my time to slowly pick up books that i think might interest me. After all, the reading pace of me now has been speed up to a book a week! I am so proud of myself! So i walked around, looking at titles and the synopsis carefully, making sure that i will not only pick up on novels but something more serious as well. But whenever i come to politics, self-help or even religions, i can help but automatically pass them on. They are just death boring!

At the end of the day, i managed to pick up four titles. Lust in Translation (i think this will be an entertaining perceived on how different cultures see adultery and cheating differently), Hezbollah ( the forming of the most powerful party in Lebanon political party, and also known as the terrorist party by USA), The Black Swan ( a book that explains all the random events that underlie our lives) and of course a novel titled Latifa ( a true story about the life of a girl growing up under the Taliban).

The shopping spree from the book was then advanced to clothes shopping! I realised that no matter where a girl goes, she will definitely able to pick up clothes along the way, and of course i did. Not much but just some skirts and dresses. After paying at the counter, i was happy! Much happier than paying for the books.

I was exhausted after that and decided to sit at Starbucks and did some people watching. In Beirut, smoking is permitted everywhere! So you will be seeing people smoking inside a closed air-coned environment on either ciggy or shisha, when there maybe a baby sitting at the next table. They just dont care! I think instead of me watching people, it was more like people watching me because i was the one and only Chinese in the whole mall!

Anyway then i decided to call it a day by packing Nando's (yes Nando's) for tonight dinner. I hope it taste as good as those in Malaysia (cross fingers).

Quite an eventful day ya?

No comments: